Why for sale properties is included in the CMA?

• August 22 2012 - US
  • 0

Thanks for posting your question on Zillow.com!

I always show my sellers the SOLD comps to give a picture of what HAS been happening.  I will then show them actives (aka our competition) after to properly position ourselves.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

In my opinion, it gives me a clearer picture on what else is available in the market place.  It's a good data point, especially when there has not been a lot of properties sold in the recent past.

I hope this helps.

Sometimes it depends on the state of the market, and the number of good comparisons available.  I normally do not like to include "Actives" in my CMAs, but it the home is well priced compared to other "Actives" in the area, you should at least know that so you can make an appropriate offer.