Profile picture for 124eriestreetjc

Why has my request to edit my home information (3 times) been ignored?

All information about my home is incorrect:  The street name, the town, the acreage, the year built, the sale date, the sale price, and of course the zestimate is about half of what it should be.  The home is 6 Stoney Hill Road (not Stone), Brookside (not Randolph), on 2 1/2 acres (not .58), built in 1940 (not 1969), sold in June of 2010 (not June of 2002), sold for $626,000 (not $315,000).  PLEASE FIX THIS.  Brookside is a part of Mendham Township, NJ, the deed is recorded in Morris County, NJ under the zip 07945.
  • February 23 2012 - Mendham Township

I understand your frustration. You sound like you have everything you can as an owner, but Zillow has a hole in their public record for your sale at the very least. Zillow does most of their customer service here in Advice be replying to posted questions or by email.

Since you cannot flag yourself, I am going to flag your request so hopefully someone at Zillow can take a closer look. Give them a few days to process the flag and then hopefully they can help you get your home claimed and make the needed corrections. Hope it helps.

Profile picture for 124eriestreetjc

I cannot claim this house because the house information is wrong, i.e. it is totally not our house though we select our mapped location.  Therefore the list of owners does not include myself and my husband.  I assume that the owners listed would be those listed in the county records.  Since the record is citing a totally different town, sale price, sale date, etc. it is obviously reflecting a totally different property and therefore different owners.  Can someone please look at the proper records or do I need to send a copy of our deed?  Can I speak to someone by phone?  This is frustrating.

As the owner, you can claim your home and chnage many of these facts immediately. Claiming your home on Zillow is easy and once you claim you will be able to add/edit information or home facts on your page.

You can claim your house on your main house page using the yellow "edit" pencil under the house photo to "claim ownership". You can also use that same menu after you claim to edit year built, square footage, acreage etc. 

Once you claim your house and edit what you can, I would use that yellow "edit" pencil to report the other issues to Zillow like correct past sale and address. If they can verify them, they will correct them. Claiming your house first also lets Zillow know that you are the owner making the request. Hope it helps.