Profile picture for Sabot15

Why is Zestimate Broken?

Zillow recently changed the way ZEstimate works for my area (New Castle County, DE including zip codes: 19711, 19805, 19707, 19808, 19807 and quite a few others)  Anyway, it used to be based on the price homes recently sold for and it was pretty darned accurate. 

Now, however, its been switched to show the tax assessment price as stated on the New Castle County Parcel Search page.  The problem is, these tax valuations are so far out of wack it isn't funny.  A 500K home shows up as being worth 80K.  Its just stupid and it messed up not only the Zestimate value but also the graphs that track real estate value in the area.   PLEASE fix this.. with out it, Zillow.com is virtually useless to me.
  • July 16 2010 - Wilmington
  • 1

Could not agree more I have also notified Zillow.

Profile picture for rosepro2007
Yes, I agree, assessment of homes are out of whack.    Therefore, Zillow does not work for me, the homeowner.    I will remove my profile from this website today.   Disappointed in Raynham, MA