Profile picture for lonelygreeneyes

Why is it that my house shows on the aerial view, but no value amount listed?

I was trying to get a refinance on my mortgage, and got an extremely low appraisal, even though I have made thousands of dollars in upgrades, and all the homes around me are listed quite a bit higher
  • June 08 2009 - Dartmouth

The upgrades in today's market are not worth what you spent. They will make your home easier to sell but don't necessarily add a dollar value to the home. Square footage, lot size and LOCATION are the keys to actual value. I would definitely ask to see the full report.

As for your Zestimate, I have noticed that not all homes are listed. It could be that your home is too new or that there is not enough public data available.

Is your square footage the same? Perhaps even with the upgrades your house is not as big? You can look at the comps and see what the appraiser used and you have the right to ask him/her any questions regarding the appraisal.