Profile picture for randir00

Why is my home listed for sale by an agent I have never met?

My home was listed for sale on zillow.com on March 21, 2011.  My home is not for sale.  I have never met nor heard of the listing agent.  I have flagged the listing as erroneous, and yet it is still on zillow.  Please help.
  • December 13 2011 - Raleigh
  • 0

Glad we could help.

Hooray! It looks like the listing has just been removed from the agent's feed website so it should drop off Zillow in another day or so. Great news.

I would engage the Realtor who helped you find and buy this home to get this straightened out. For the home to close in Dec 2010 but this Agent - under his responsibility it appears, at least the way Zillow claims - say the house is for sale 4 months later? That's not right.  A quick glance it his own website shows that there are many "Featured Listings" which are shown as available, but which sold many months ago.  Is there a achance that it is an honest, correctable mistake?  Yes.  But we're required to have ACCURATE information on our MLS within 2 or 3 days and in our advertising.  He clearly does not have accurate information on his website, and so it needs to be corrected now. 

Go into the listing and down at the bottom, report a problem...there is a link there for the agents website. he may have accidentally put in the wrong listing address so let him explain. If you don't feel like you are getting the correct information, contact his Broker in charge. 

I list homes for a BK attorney and at times receive calls from angry home owners asking why their home is listed, when the court has sanctioned that all their assets be liquidated to satisfy any debt including the house. No insult intended but have you filed BK at all? This is one of the only logical reasons I can think of. I hope this is truly not the case and that their is another reason.

Partly because Zillow is a three ring media circus. In one ring are real Agents trying to help people buy and sell Real Estate. In one ring is Zillow trying to walk the fence between REA's best friend and Consumer's best friend. The third ring is almost any kind of crook you can imagine.

You need to email the agent with a bcc back to yourself for proof. Tell him that you appreciate his answer, but that you want all listings and feeds including the one to Zillow removed within 3 business days including this one on his website here.

If you have been in the house since 2010, this agent's webmaster is not your problem. Agent's deal with many feeds so it may just be an oversight, but you have every right to ask for it's removal.

Profile picture for randir00
sorry--
4521 Draper Rd, 27616
Home was purchased December 2010, listed for sale in March 2011 by an agent I never met or authorized to sell my home.
I spoke to the agent and he said "the webmaster hasn't updated the page" and had no answers for why he was listing my home.

If you can provide your address, then we can hopefully help you.

This could be for a number of reasons. When did you purchase your home? If you would like to email me the address, I would be happy to investigate it further for you. [email removed by Zillow moderator]