Why is my house for sale by a realtor not listed on Zillow

• May 02 2014 - Prospect
  • 0

Zillow does not syndicate with most MLSs, so the question is what approach does the Realtor use to get their listings on Zillow?   There are many options, including adding it manually, using a third party data feed such as postlets, listhub, point2, vflyer or others, or establish a listing feed straight to Zillow.

Hi Bob, Excellent question! One that I'd like answers to myself. I am a NY broker with Sotheby's and have two listings in our local MLS and neither are appearing on Zillow - I've been having a devil of a time trying to get this rectified and wish you luck with yours. 

Hi Bob, 

The choice to have it listed boils down to your listing agent.  They have the option to share the listing with Zillow or they can opt out and withhold it from being displayed on Zillow.  From your perspective as a seller, I imagine you'd like to get as much exposure for your home as possible.  Your agent should be exposing your property to as many buyers as possible to get you the most amount of money for the property in the shortest period of time.

Some might whisper that the listing agent might be withholding it simply so that they can market the property to their buyer clients first.  I wouldn't jump to that conclusion without more information being provided.  You might want to talk to your agent and simply ask why they don't have it active in Zillow. 

Your listing agent may be focused on other marketing efforts like organizing a Broker's or public open house and getting other ads put together for you if this is a new listing.  

Hope this helps.  Best of luck with your home sale.