Profile picture for millvalleytutors

Why is my house listed lower in value then some of the neighboring houses, that I know personally do

not come even close to the views I have.  We have a flat property, which is a unique phenomenom in Mill Valley, with 1/4 acre.  Some of these houses you say aren't worth 1.285 as opposed our 1.0, are the same size and have no charm - 70's style as opposed to our original cottage style.  I know these houses, and they are really ugly..
Where do you come up with these figures.  My neighbors house is awful looking, no views, sloped yard, all ivy... why would you value it at 1.27? When you gave mine 1.0 I don't get it... I simply do not believe the lot does not matter.  It does.  A prime location with 360 degree views of the mountains with a goegeous backyard, where your kids can play is woth a lot....
  • February 01 2014 - Mill Valley
  • 0

The algorithm that Zillow uses to create prices estimates is not able to tell if you have a view or not. Don't worry about it- very few people in Marin County- or any other area that has topography like Marin- take Zillows Zestimate seriously.  Lots do matter- across a reasonably large sample size of homes (30 or so) the lot/location is the primary differentiator of value. Please see my BLOG for more info www.SMREB.com .
Dave DuPont 415-867-6611
  • February 01