Why is my house listed twice on two lots at two different prices?

• June 10 2013 - Eagle
  • 0

Hi User10949822:

Sometimes when properties are listed, a duplicate that is missing some of the details or is incorrect appears in the Zillow database.

You, as owner, can claim your home on Zillow and edit the incorrect home facts (such as number of bedrooms).    The Zillow help center has many more instructions for using Zillow.

With the duplicate, open the home details page, go to "edit' and chose "report problem with home".  This will allow Zillow to know it was a duplicate and will delete it.   They will retain the one with sales information and tax information, delete the other one.

Hi Jim,  thank you for responding.

My house address is 1273 E Ravenspur St., Eagle, ID.  It is a salmon/white stucco with white garage doors.  It is 3740 sq feet and has 5 (five) bedrooms and 3 and a half (3 1/2) baths.  The one that comes closest says it has 4 bedrooms and not 5, I think.

Can you remove the wrong listing and correct the other to reflect the above?

Many, many thanks.  This baby is my retirement!    Gina

As you already know, it shouldn't be!  However, without knowing which house you are referring to, I can't check for you to help isolate the cause.

I see different pricing some times due to a home being advertised on different sites that don't update correctly or when a listing is taken over by a different agent/broker and the original one isn't removed.  I have no rational reasons why it would show up on a different lot except for possibly a typo.

Feel free to contact me directly and I will research this for you if someone at Zillow doesn't address it for you.  What does your agent suggest?