Why is my house price estimate so low on Zillow

My house on 13652 Fox Meadow Ct, Centreville VA is estimated to be 560k whereas next door houses are estimated to be 600k and they are of the same model. Please change the estimate now otherwise it might lead to leagal action. I am a realtor and a member of NAR and NVAR.
  • July 28 2011 - Centreville
  • 0

Profile picture for DewayneHellums
last week zillow had my home valued at $137,000 but now at $34,000 - what happened?

I have the same question.  I have put over $100k into my remodeling over the past three years.  As far as the world knows, my house was built in 1942. What can I do to get Zillow take those improvements into consideration since the public puts so much value into Zillow's estimates?

I don't think that Zillow will change Zestimates. Zillow discusses that more here. It looks like, your house was purchased in 2008 for 600K so the Zestimate of 569K might be a bit generous considering that there were no takers for the listing at 580K a month ago.

As an agent I'm sure you already know that no AVM is going to be as accurate as a good CMA or appraisal. The range for your house on Zillow is 524-648 that seems to be in the ballpark even if the one Zesitmate number is not. You can get more information on Zestimates here. As I'm sure you already know, the most current source of information about trends in house values is the local MLS system and no house is worth more than a qualified buyer is willing to pay on the open market.