Why is my house value decreasing while others in the area skyrocket?

Why is my house doing this when all the others in the area are going up? I don't understand. I can see it decreasing some as it is a different type of house but it is bigger, roomier and has a garage that many others in that price range only dream of.
Thank you,
Leon
  • June 02 2014 - Carnelian Bay
  • 0

Homes in Lake Tahoe are unique and are often harder to value than typical suburban areas. There are many factors that go into a homes value and although there are methods of determining value and market trends, it its not an exact science. There may have been something that affected your perceived value in the past that is now being corrected by other market factors. I wouldn't be too concerned with your homes value as markets are fluid and generally fluctuate with the addition of new sales. If you are interested in selling your home soon, there are ways to prepare and promote your home to get the most money in the least amount of time.

Please find more information about selling your Carnelian Bay home at my website: www.tahoenorthrealestate.com and www.laketahoerealestateonline.com.

Elizabeth Edmunds
Century 21 Tahoe North Realtors
5249 N. Lake Blvd.
Carnelian Bay, CA 96140
DRE#01376799