Why is my loan processer asking for updated bank statement to show that I prove my closing cost amou

Sorry first timer here, my question was to long.  I closed on a fha refinance streamline 30 days ago, I receive my old escrow check, I used the same lender so the loan was transfer to another loan number.  But I received a email from the loan processor asking for two more months of bank statement to show the amount I brought to closing was in my account.  I understand before or on the day of closing, but why now? Should I care at this point?

• September 11 2013 - US
  • 0

It is very common for an underwriter to make that a prior to funding condition and then it gets overlooked at funding. They are just crossing their "t's" and dotting their "i's" and I would recommend working with them to tie up those loose ends. They probably did it with the intent of not delaying your closing knowing they could get it during the recission period and someone just forgot. hope this helps.

This is a standard request on FHA streamline with most lenders and it must have been overlooked by the underwriter. You should cooperate and supply the item. Most likely at closing you signed an errors and omissions disclosure which stipulates that you will work with lender to resolve these types of issues if they arise.