Profile picture for crashrd1

Why is my property at 1154 Brighton Drive, Evans Ga, continue to go down in value ?

My house continues to fall in value thoug my neighbor right necpxt door who had zero landscaping and has not done antsy thing to his property, his increased in value by over $3,000 this past month? I have had professional landscaping, added large deck and pool area and added high end appliances in the house. He has done done NOTHING, not even cut his grass but 3 times max a summer. Your estimates are way off. I refinanced my house 2 yrs ago and it reappraised at 259,000 from its original 236,000 at purchase. Helloooo, the same appraiser that initially appraised my house immediately stated that " this placed has really changed since I appraised it new". I have followed your site over the years and you are WAY low. I have had three realtors in three areas of the country even say, " pay no attention to Zillow as they are way off on reality". Amazing that the "dump" next to me increasedd by $3,000 plus this month and my well cared for house dropped another $350.00. Hmmm, something is wrong with your estimates. A real. JOKE.

January 05 - Evans

Profile picture for Jarvis Team
I agree with Hank.  The valuations are largely dependent on sales and "basic" similarity of homes. A computer will never be able to replace a human in this endeavor as the computer can't see the improvements you've made. 

Zillow is good for a BALLPARK, sometimes the price is in the infield other times it's on the warning track.

January 06
I wouldnt get too obsessed with any value placed on your home by Zillow or any other source. These are based only on area transations, no selective process is used and the data is merely what sells in your general area.

The market - buyers - determine value, nothing else. And even then, a buyer at a specific time - a time when you are selling and they are buying.

Fuggettaboutit!

January 06