Profile picture for keyweenaquinn

Why is my property undervalued on Zillow?

A comparable unit (although not remodeled and without the unique and better location of ours) just sold for $435,000.  Zillow has the value listed at $333K, over $100K less than the true value.  Is there a reason for this? In addition, the estimated rent is significantly lower than what other units are renting for.  How are market values calculated? 

You are really hurting my chances of renting out the unit at full pop since potential renters go into Zillow to gauge the marketplace.  I am requesting a re-evaluation of my property.

Please advise the process to get this accomplished.

Patricia Romero
4735 E. 4th St., Long Beach CA 90814
  • March 12 2013 - Belmont Heights
  • 0

Profile picture for Nick and Joy
Hello Patricia, if you search for your home and go to the property page there is a way to "Claim this home". Although I have never done it, I believe you are able to help the Zillow computer understand features that may be desirable about your specific property. I found it under the more button under the map. Good luck!