Profile picture for hair goddess

Why is my zestimate going down?

I do NOT believe that my property is worth 10K less than it was a couple months ago. That is just crazy. The market here is actually somewhat better now, yet my value drops almost weekly. Why??? I have worked on my listing, added pics and info. There are no comps close enough I guess, except one trailer on a tiny lot that sold for almost nothing. A house a half mile on this road recently sold for 250K, yet that has never shown up.
  • October 26 2012 - Lakeview

Profile picture for 114cherokeeroad
These are the worst responses. I hate when people "respond" to questions but don't answer the questions - it makes websites like these completely pointless. The questions is why is the zestimate going down. "Your home should be priceless to you"?????? What in the...

I say don't worry about your Zestimate... The Zestimate is a great tool to give you a rough idea on the value of your home. It's not an appraisal!

If you want good idea on the real value of your home always contact a Real Estate Professional.  

Zestimate is just that, an estimate.  An agent will be able to determine the value range it's likely to sell within much more accurately than a computer model.  Don't stress over it.  Computer models do not take the place of competent professionals who know your market.

When you are ready to sell your home, or are at least seriously thinking about it, contact a local Realtor you trust and ask for a Comparable Market Analysis.  This report is the most reliable when it comes to determining the true market value of your home.

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate

Its silly to worry about it. Your home is worth what its worth, Zestimate or no Zestimate. Your home should be 'priceless' to you.

You'll only know how much your home is worth if and when you sell it, not before.