Profile picture for RCJNIX

Why is the house 2 doors down from mine which is exactly the same sq. ft. valued higher than mine.

I have also recently replaced my roof with a new 130 MPH system (which has lowered my annual insurance bill by $240) and done extensive landscape improvements.  This is a very quite neighborhood and our property backs up to a preserve which adds a great deal of privacy.  There seems to be no consistency in pricing with respect to the sq. ft. in the homes.  I don't understand how you arrive at your estimate for any particular property.

I am assuming you are referring to 12366? All of the properties around you have lower zestimates from what I can see. The properties do not always update their values on the same schedule.

Homes priced realistically are more likely to get an offer close to market value than homes priced high.  If a house gets stale on the market after several months, nobody wants it and then buyers wonder what's wrong with it.  And believe me, smart buyers are doing their research today and they know exactly how long a house has been sitting on the market.  The price later has to be slashed to get it to market value or below and many times the sellers take a beating on the price. 

Most likely you just need to get a new appraisal done. Odds are you'll find that you're home is valued for more than it was previously. 

Hi Randolph,
I certainly understand your concern and frustration.  It sounds like you have a nice home on a great lot.

Square footage is not the only factor used to price a home.  Situation of the home within the neighborhood, interior/exterior finishes and additional features such as a pool or screened room can affect value.

If you had an appraisal done, and that is what you are basing your price on, you should know that appraisals are only opinions of value.  They vary widely depending on the appraiser and the reason for the appraisal.   Market value is the only true value of a home, that is, what a buyer is willing to pay at any given point in time.

Call me and I will be happy to discuss your particular situation.