Profile picture for BelindaGoodwin

Why is the side of Menlo Park that FACEBOOK is on, NOT getting our homes valued at $1,000,000 (one m

• June 17 2012 - Menlo Park
  • 0

Profile picture for BelindaGoodwin
I saw on the NEWS that FaceBook was increasing the values of Homes on Zillow.com. However, when I went to the site I saw NO homes from the Menlo Park, Willow neighborhood being increased. Instead I saw homes in Belmont, Redwood City, MN, AZ, and every where else benefitting from the FaceBook values except the homes that are actually NEAR FACEBOOK.

So which is it? Are the homes actually near FaceBook going to benefit, or was this some mistake broadcasted by NEWS?
What is going on?

Looks like your question was partially cut off. From what I can see, I can say this for sure: Facebook being local has ZERO impact on the value of any home.

The only way Facebook being local could impact values in the immediate area is if those people working at Facebook are shopping for homes in that specific neighborhood, increasing demand.

If you'd like to shoot me an email with your full questions, I'll do my best to get you a good answer. I might be able to pull some MLS stats that could clarify the picture down there... Just let me know and I'll try to help:)