Profile picture for Livinthegoodlife

Why is the zestimate on my home $200,000 less than the other (exact model/sq/view) homes in my commu

I am selling our home here on Zillow.  The same exact home with same floor plan, exact square footage, same view, same amenities..has a zestimate of approx. $560,000.  My home has a zestimate of $200,000 less the the others for sale. It is the same home!  Why?  Any advice as to what I have left out of my listing...?
  • January 12 2013 - Fort Myers
  • 0

http://www.zillow.com/help/what-is-a-zestimate/

My Zestimate is too low - or too high. What gives?

As mentioned previously, the Zestimate is a starting point in figuring out the true value of a house  The amount of data we have for the house affects the Zestimate accuracy. If your home facts are incorrect or missing, you can update your facts, which may affect your Zestimate value.

• Price history and tax history: Check to see if your price history (the sale price and date you bought your home) and your tax history are correct on Zillow. Depending on the area in which you live, this can be a big factor in your Zestimate. If data is missing or incorrect, please let us know. Click "Edit" on your home details page, then "Report Problem With Home."
Updates and remodeling explained: Most upgrade information is not in the public records and is not easily quantifiable. We do not know about home updates and remodels unless they have been reported to the local tax assessor, so those items are not used in Zestimate calculations. While we do utilize user-submitted data that is measurable, (e.g., additional bedroom count, bath count and square footage) there is no way for us to systematically gather and verify the type of remodel or build information where the value is based upon how the
final product appeals to the buyer. Because of this, the algorithm can't use that information.