Profile picture for JohnJ625

Why is this asking price so high? esp being in a less desirable part of the community?

This house is marked too high for what it is.  House comparable to this are marked much less, and reasonable to what the house is. If it was marked at 415,000, you can probably make a sale.  An adjustment to the asking price should be considered with the house sales history in that area.
  • Question refers to 7 Thurston Dr, Lee, NH 03861
  • 0

Profile picture for HomeTrendsExpert
John, good for you with finidng a house!

I just read Lee, NH is for low-income families and for students in college. I found that interesting, and now on the lower end of my list of towns to live in. I did just notice the trailer homes in the area, and the race track!

Why was this house re-listed a few days ago? It has been on the market for more than a year with the same exact description and asking price. Is it the realtor trying to target clientele with the "newly" listed house? Maybe lowering the house to something comparable to the homes in the area and what it offers would increase interest.  $420 w/assessed 487 would be reasonable seeing that 13 thurston was sold at 353 w/assessed 410.

I would think the realtor would be smart and bring the price of this house

Profile picture for JohnJ625
Thanks Lillian.
Don't let the description fool you with the cul-de-sac. It's not on the cul de sac.
Also did you notice the rusted and run down trailer home right before you enter Thurston Woods? Something does not seem right.
Check out some of the other homes that have the asking price comparable to assessment value.
Good luck with your home search for you and the family.
I recently dropped anchor to a nice home after plenty of open houses and research with the realtors!

Profile picture for LillianVu
I went to this house to compare with other homes in the area for future option for my family.  It is in a nice community, but unfortunately not in the nicer part of the community.  I wanted to be tucked in the community where my kids can play more safely rather than the entrance area.

I think the layout of the house is nice, but the interior decorator definitely has a different design approach.  I would have to repaint the walls and get rid of the wallpaper.  The house overall will not require much work.  The basement would probably need it the most.  

It would help a lot of they changed the furniture and design of the house.  It does not have a nice warm welcome feel to it.

Pros-Easy to Alter Walls, Backyard for potential
Cons- Garage orientation with lack of space for large truck, too close to entrance, basement, kitchen size, taxes, house value

Profile picture for HomeBuyer101010
I do agree that it is not reasonably priced (I visited this home as potential). 

John, do you mean that the house is not in a nice location relative to the rest of the community? It is the first house, and that is what turned me off as well as the basement and dining room.

JohnJ625;

You apparently don't know the area per your question title.  This home is definitely not in a less desirable part of the community. I would be interested in knowing what homes you are using as comparables to this one.