Profile picture for J G
  • J G

Why is this home price not in line with the comps Zillow provides for it?

Upon viewing existing information on Zillow for my home for the very first time, I promptly corrected the inaccuracies under the general home information section and provided and posted only recent major upgrades to it along with up to date photos. How long before your “Zestimate” truly reflects an accurate (higher) value for my home? To further back up my request, I used comps taken directly from your website for no less than 10 homes recently sold that are located less than a mile from my home. After calculating a price per square foot, individually or an average, Zillow is way off on the Zestimate for this property. My home is in excellent move-in condition! It's not emotions, it's a fact - this home exceeds anything out there in my community that goes under the category of new construction. Based on the 2192 livable square feet and all of the upgrades and amenities this home possesses, and then backing it up with recently sold home information from you (Zillow), you should have this home valued at well over $200,000. Your average price per square foot generated from your comps for this home calculates to be $106.92. I'm only requesting that you have it adjusted to show a minimum Zestimate of $175,000! In addition, you have 2 separate homes which are right in my back yard ... located at 4716 and 4718, both with only 1384 square feet and with Zestimates of $176,500 and $175,000, respectively. That's almost a value of $127 per square foot! I am only asking for $79.84 so what gives? If you want to go higher than $175,000 … great … but at least be fair.

• Question refers to 4717 Kutztown Rd, Temple, PA 19560
  • 0