Profile picture for jnho

Why is zestimate of my house the lowest on my side of the block?

All the houses are row houses and of the same design. My house is well maintained and in good condition with unique wood work on the outside. The zestimate of my house is lower by more than 8500!

April 07 2011 - Oxford Circle

Best Answer

There is no need to allow the Zestimate affect you. LIke you said, the Zestimate does not take into effect the woodwork that you have done...

Get a CMA from your local realtor for the true value of your home. The CMA takes into consideration much more factors than the Zestimate, but I am not sure it will include your woodwork.

You can definitely point this out to your buyer when you would like to sell your home.

Contact a local Realtor familiar to your area for a FREE estimate of value if you want an accurate value.

Zestimates take into account only the core facts of the home (size, location, number of bedrooms and baths) and does not take into account things such as maintenance condition and  unique wood work that may (or may not) add value.    The Zestimate can show some variation between identical homes, I'd only worry if it was more than 10% between two next door neighbor identical homes.  

Things you can do (once you've claimed your home).

a.  Make sure all facts are correct, edit them if not.

b.  Select comps

c.  Fill out the "my estimate' to call out features that may add value but aren't included in the Zestimate.

If "a" or "b" are changes that will affect the Zestimate, it will be several weeks until several months until the number on this site reflects the changes.