Why isn't there a "Zestimate" on some homes??

I have looked at a couple of homes and one doesn't have a zestimate available. Why not? and what exactly goes into a Zestimate? And where do I find the pages of info on a house I'm interested in?  PLEASE HELP!

February 07 2008 - US

Hi Marc -

We based our calculations for Zestimates on public records -- both sales transactions and property details from the assessor's office. If we don't have that base information from your county, we are unable to produce Zestimates for some property thus, the option to create own's estimate is also not available. Rest assured that we are constantly adding home information to our database so come back.

Furthermore, all the info we have about a home is on the "home's page" (if we have it in our database). When you type in the address and actually go to the property's page, tabs at the left side of the screen will be readily seen and accessible (example: Overview, Photos, Home Info, Zestimate & Charts, Home Q&A and Bird's Eye View & Map).

However, please provide an address or two so that we can further check on it.

February 08 2008

My Zestimate is WRONG
Profile picture for lucphan1937
Latest reply by lucphan1937
Why is my home's zestimate declining rapidly while my neighbor's stays the same?
Latest reply by Pasadenan
Class Action Lawsuit for Wrong Zestimates!
Latest reply by Pasadenan
August 14 | 4 answers
  • Posted by nickvarda
  • In Zestimates
Don't complain to Zillow, you can fix your Zestimate yourself
Latest reply by Pasadenan
August 11 | 33 answers
I see the Zillow estimate of my home's value dropped 20% literally overnight!!
Latest reply by user937790
July 24 | 12 answers