Profile picture for Domestic Engineer

Why no updated Zestimates in the last ten days?

• December 04 2010 - Laurelhurst
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Blue in d Nile
Zillow had been recalculating Z-estimates 3 times a week; but about 6 months ago changed the display of the Z-estimate trends on the homes details pages to once per month to reduce meaningless fluctuations.

I can't tell you the specifics of the apparent 10 days delay between new calculations.  I'm sure the programmers know if they are asked.

I'm presently not finding it any real concern.  Likely it has to do with when batches of new data are received from the data provider companies.

Profile picture for Domestic Engineer
Pasadenan - Thank you so much for your reply, it was very helpful!

Profile picture for Domestic Engineer
Thanks for the responses!
The Zestimate value for my favorite houses was updated later the same day I asked the original question. 
I've noticed, however, that Zillow frequently goes ten days without updating the valuies.  Today is Jan. 12th and my favorite properties still show a Zestimate value dating from Jan. 3rd.  Must be a computer glitch but it's annoying since I am looking to buy in the next few months and use these values as a range upon which to base my offer.
Since tomorrow will be day ten, I assume the Zestimates will be updated then.

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Domestic Engineer -

Did you mean you have not recently received any Home Value report or a home in particular does not have a recent Zestimate update?

Please advise. Thank you.

Our house as a Zestimate dated 12/4/2010 in the Seattle area.