Profile picture for grram1

Why wont Zillow correct the "public facts"? I even mailed them the new public records.

We remodeled months ago (adding 1bd/1ba), I updated the home owner info (which is what shows when you click on to the house), but the "public info" section still shows 3 bd/2 ba (instead of 4 bd/3ba)... which affects the value of the house.  The city approved final inspection months ago and it's readily available on all public records (and our taxes already went up).  I mailed proof of everything to Zillow months ago asking them to update the "public info" section... no response at all.  We are considering selling the house and this is hurting us... I'd rather have our house not show on Zillow than for the wrong info to be made public. 
  • March 06 2010 - Wrigley

Zillow will update the public facts once they pick up the change from the records office, but if you just completed it that may take a while. Your Zestimate is based on your updated facts not your public facts. If you just updated them, it can take 6-8 weeks for the change to be reflected in the Zestimate fully from what I read.

You need to focus on what you can do to make your house show better on the site. Photos are a must. Show people what you have updated and make sure and mention your updates in your owner description. Potential buyers looking at Zillow don't care much about the public facts because many of them are outdated anyway. What they will care about is nice photos, you telling them that the space you added is brand new/fully inspected and permitted. Do what you can to make your house shine.