Why would Zillow have blocked my mother from the website? She's looking to pay cash in FL.

She said a year or two ago she had problems getting information from FL realtors listed on your website;  now she is blocked from Zillow.  Can you enlighten me ?  It's probably a mistake, but she's paying cash for a home and I want to help her get there.  Thanks --One of the Daughters

• September 01 2012 - Washington
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Blue Nile
I don't know the answer for the specific case either, but I do know the two major causes for an E-mail becoming restricted on this site:

1) The user requests that their profile be removed from the site....  Zillow actually doesn't fully delete the profile, they just disable it, and in so doing, the E-mail address is still associated with the disabled profile, and thus can't be used again.  (I keep suggesting that people don't ask for removal, but just change the names and E-mail address so that it can't be found...)

2) The user continues to violate Zillow's terms of use, after they have been informed of the issue and asked not to do whatever they were doing that was causing a problem.  (I don't think this is the case in this particular situation though).  However, about 2 months ago, Zillow disabled a lot of profiles that I thought they should not have disabled, and many of those, they didn't even send out any notice to the users.

AAHH ! !  Many heads are always better than one !  Thanks, Ya'll !

I can see how it would be disturbing, and can imagine dozens of scenarios that may cause it to happen.  The most likely on most sites is entering the password incorrectly several times. But, I am not a Zillow employee and do not know why your mother's E-mail is restricted.   

Frankly, we are disturbed as to why our mother's email address is "restricted" ...she had had some homes saved which now we cannot find.  Specifically, how and why would Zillow restrict use of a customer's email?  Wetdawgs ...you know everything else about Zillow;  surely you must know the answer to this question, too ? !  Or, anyone?  It isn't right that a computer-illiterate old lady should be barred.

I'd do a work around, simple create a freebie E-mail, have her sign up with another account and she's off and running.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Try both suggestions and let us know if either works

Good Luck

Oh, hi, thanks -- it says her email address is "restricted" from the site.

Most Zillow employees work standard business hours, so if you need faster response you may be able to get it using the general customers service E-mail rather than E-mailing specific individuals.  

What clues are you getting that your mother is blocked? 

Awesome.  Thank you.  I've emailed the first two contact names you suggested about this issue and hope to receive a response shortly as I am vvisiting her for the long weekend only and was hoping to wrap this up.  Thanks again.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Not going to pretend I know what's going on or that I have a solution but
it's my opinion your best bet is to email one of these folks to straighten this situation out
Click Contact on their Profile

Ice L.

Neil Roxas

If you do not hear back in a reasonable amount of time then go up the ladder & try

Russ Hatfield  ..Customer and Community Support

Rachel Rosen ...Customer support

Not happy with the Service/Response/Assistance/Forum
Share your view with.. Spencer Rascoff..CEO at Zillow

Good Luck & I hope you get a response from Zillow