Why would an Agency want to work with a dissatisfied client?

We are extremely disappointed with the performance of our Agent & Agency (name deleted by Zillow moderator). We asked for an unconditional release from our contract with a list of reasons & they have declined our request. We initiated investigations with the NJMLS & NJ Real Estate Comm; the outcome is pending. We hired an attorney/attorneys & are going public with our situation. In addition to the litany of issues we have with the Agency, my attorney advised us we do not have a properly executed contract, this was passed onto the Broker. It is our opinion this Agency is trying to hold us hostage because they do not have a high profile listing in Northern Bergen County. 

June 10 2012 - US

Sounds like you have it in the hands of your attorney.  Since you felt so strongly and hired the attorney to handle it for you, then comments or opinions by other agents would not yield anything productive for you.

I am sorry that the listing office did not perform as promised or within your expectation. If what you have is a legal dispute about whether or not the contract was breached, your contract may require that you go through arbitration as opposed to court. Ask attorney about the requirements in your listing contract.

Your frustration is understandable, but be very careful about what you say online about this agent or you may find yourself on the wrong side of a libel/slander claim. Keep your statements completely factual and consider running them past your attorney before you publish them.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I have never had anyone want to be released from a contract due to being unhappy with the service they are getting, however I always tell my clients that if they choose to un list their home for any reason, I will release them.  I agree with you completely that it makes no since for a agent/broker to keep an unhappy client under contract. 

my only suggestion is that since you have an attorney involved, it is probably not a good idea to mention the agency by name or to provide any details of your issue.

what you don't want is to publish something that hurts your situation or creates an opportunity for that agency to take you to court for libel or slander etc.  You haven't said anything about them yet, (that I can see) just that you have asked for a release and they have declined, but you did mention their name yet yours is anonymous.   Best of luck to you, sounds like you have a good attorney that is going to get you resolution, I would visit with them before making any more comments on the internet to make sure it won't make the attorney's work harder.

I have read your question in several venues.  You need to rely on your attorney's opinion. Your attorney has the facts.  No one else can help you.