Profile picture for doransdome

Widow needs help selling house in 36619

My sister recently lost her husband. She has no income and a mortgage. Result, she must sell her houe.  She plans to do FSBO because she simply cannot afford 6 or 7% in fees. What help or suggestions can anyone provide? Where can we get basic documents that are required? She will work with buyer's agents. Would the buyer's lending agency handle the closing or do we need to make arrangements with a title/closing agency. Right now she just has a sign in the yard but will try to advertise once we finish decluttering and have some yard sales. It's a nice house and even has a Generac standby power system which is real handy in the stormy season.  I know this request is pretty open but you can see we are just at the beginning of a large task which is why we welcome all suggestions.  Are there any agencies/companies that assist with FSBO for a modest fee? Thanks much.
  • March 20 2009 - Tillman
  • 1

Best Answer

Please read the following link. Do so more than once. It seems daunting at first glance/read but it's not once you settle into it.

rockinblu

Profile picture for conklbm
Super blog.  FSBO can definitely be a plateful. 
I do buy houses, buy not at full price.  This is how I make money.  The properties I buy usually need some work done or the seller is willing to sell at a discount for some reason or another.  I'd be happy to evaluate your house and make you an offer if you go to my site and fill out the form.
Good luck : )

Profile picture for doransdome
Thanks so much sunnyview and jkonstant.  I found the article very helpful.  Looks like we have our work cut out but I think we are up to the task. My only concern is time. We really need to find a buyer quickly. But thanks again for your responses.

rockinblu's FSBO blog is great information. Check it out. I am sorry for your sister's loss.