Profile picture for pardini1720

Will I be able to purchase a home by 12/15?

I've been wondering if it's possible to get a mortgage by 12/2015 (in the state of California) if I am a graduate student working on my last year; my graduation day is 5/2/15, and I have been doing my internship since 8/2014 which will continue until 5/28/2015. I am currently not working for pay and I have worked for a limited time. However, I was reading that there are programs that will lend a mortgage to recently graduated students with only 2 months worth of paystubs as long as they can prove they were in school for 2 consecutive years. I am doing my internship at a school district and I was told that there is a very high percentage that I will get hired. If I do I'll start off making 70K a year and would start on 8/2015. So I was wondering if I get hired will I be able to purchase a home by 12/15?  

Additional info:
- I have great credit as of 7/14. The lowest of the 3 burrows is 764 (Equifax)  
- I do not have any school loans 
- I was a car loan of 38k, however, I am not paying it off as I lend my name to my boyfriend who makes the payments (and I can prove this through his bank account)
- First time buyer
- Single with no children
- Preferable location is the Inland Empire
  • July 24 - Riverside
  • 0

Profile picture for sharon vineyard

Oh my, call me!  I love lending questions, and this is an easy one.
 [Phone removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

• August 20

you have done an excellent job with your credit, you may want to speak with your preferred lender. I would wait on buying until you have a secure job and income to protect your investment and credit.

time passes very quickly..
  • July 24

Profile picture for Rebecca Marvel
First thing I would do would be to contact a direct lender and speak with them. I can refer you to several so you can compare rates and fees. Please contact me through my profile on Zillow.
  • July 24