Will I qualify for a Harp loan if I have a manufactured home?

• March 09 2012 - US
  • 0

Is your loan owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac? If you do not know, type in google - Does Fannie Mae own my loan or Does Freddie Mac own my loan? If the answer is yes and you got the loan before 6/1/2009, you can qualify for HARP. Income qualify is a must also.

I recently completed a HARP on a manufactured home. The one thing I noticed different is that DU findings (for Fannie Mae loans) have shown that an appraisal waiver is not available. Even though LTV requirements should not be a factor, I have seen you may still need to get an appraisal done. If you have further questions, feel free to contact me.

Profile picture for fomoco61
hello im in the same boat clayton homes of troy Missouri sold me a manufactured home on a foundation it was damaged in setup beyond repair has so many issues long story short they screwed me over im on disability to start with my income is 1600 a month they sold me a home for 965 a month promised me the payments would go down and promised everything under the sun never finished it they made me get rid of the home I already had on my land here got me in trouble with the irs on the first time home buyers money ,, had no right if recission they dug my land up and poured the foundation befor I signed any paperwork ,, I canot sell it its not worth anything near what the balance is, no one will do a refi I have tried everywhere im am going to loose it I keep selling my belongings to get by it shouldn't be like this there is so many things they should not have done I have even tried the legal service with no help the little person has no one to go to help its terrible the way this world is

Profile picture for page wilson
I have found several lenders that will offer HARP loans on manufactured homes but they are requiring 24 months/2 years of on-time payments, while the HARP requirement is only 12 months.  We had a modification done with JP Morgan Chase and have made 13 months of on-time payments, and although they would refinance us on a HARP loan, they are no longer financing manufactured homes so we are stuck with them as is, unless we can find another lender.  Does anyone know of a lender that will honor the HARP requirement of 12 months on-time payments for manufactured homes?  We meet all requirements of the HARP, just need to find a lender that will finance us with 13 months of on-time payments.  Thank you in advance for your input!

Page

Profile picture for page wilson
I

Thank you for your reply.  Yes I have gone through the qualifier and passed with flying colors.  When I called the mortgage companies every las one of them (the big ones listed as recommended) they all told me flat out that they will not do refinancing under the HARP program if any portion of my home is manufactured.  Who cares that it is securely on a basement and acreage with no way of transporting it as a vehicle (it has a VIN # from original set-up).  Go figure !!!

Hello user273193,

Have you used our HARP Eligibility Calculator?  Also take a look at Making Homes Affordable.  It has some great information as well.  I would recommend reaching out to a lender as well.   You can search for one in our professional directory.

Candace