Will any one being willing to rent without the credit check. High income and good references.

• August 10 2012 - Frederick
  • 0

I NEVER run credit checks. now some people would be upset by this but the way I look at it, if you had good credit you would not be renting. 

Sure, that is not true for many people; you might be waiting for the right house, or for your home to be built or like my aunt who rented for her whole life you might not want the responsibility of maintaining a home...She always said that as a single mom she wanted to just" make a phone call and have it fixed".

Heck, I sell my homes with owner financing and no credit check often, but then i live in a state where the laws as heavy in favor of landlords and the tenant has very few rights.

So if you are in Arkansas, give me a shout....I could care less about what you did in the past, what I want to know is whether you have the ability and commitment to pay me today.

BTW, I noticed another user said something about landlord references.  I have found that if a tenant is moving out of a landlord's house, the landlord is NOT going to give me good info about the tenant as a rule.  He is automatically biased.  If they have not paid him or if they have trashed the place, he needs them out ASAP and might be willing to lie about their character.  You want to know about a tenant? Look inside their car.  If there is trash up to the door handles in the back seat and cigarette burns everywhere you can rest assured they will not take care of your property, if the car is clean and appears well maintained, they MIGHT take care of your property.

Hope that helps.
Al
:-)

Have been a landlord for close to 20 years and have rented to tenants a
several times without running a credit check, but all the other references ought to check out well like phone conversations with past landlords, employer, etc.  A personal interview is the best and most important way to screen tenants in my opinion.  A paper interview is extremely limited. 

It is crucial that the Landlord know exactly who is the person that is going to be living in his/her property.  A credit report will give her/him a good idea of your financial status and that is one of the first requirement that any smart landlord will require.
Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone
Century 21 tenace

could you help me my name is belma i have been in my place for 15 years andord is saling his places my credit is not reay bd i owd chid surport i was in a relation ship we split the kids the dad put child surport on me and itook care of them by my self so that is on my credit report it pay off it say my payment were late but they took it out of my pay check i could not afford to by a car because of my chid surport  i am working on my credit but i need a house asap befor he sales it could you help me

I won't say yes without a credit check, but depending on the situation and the severity of the credit, I will make a judgement call.  In today's market, it's more difficult than ever to find clients that have flawless credit.  I'm dealing with alot of renters that have been foreclosed on or sold their home via short sale.  If credit card debt isn't the problem, we can usually find a solution.  Bad credit because of overspending and/or a previous rental eviction, more difficult to explain away.

Profile picture for TamiVroma
You could offer to pay a higher security deposit (although check with the laws in that state) or you could offer to keep your rent paid 3-4 months ahead.

Why don't you want your credit checked? Have you had an eviction in the past or is it another issue?

Profile picture for amandathomas

In Texas, landlords are required by property law to disclose screening criteria upon demand.

Email (or have your agent email) the property manager or listing agent, and request screening criteria.

This will disclose how much weight is given to credit history in regard to application approval.

You can probably find someone to rent to you, but it will be more difficult.  I think I would look for a private party rental as opposed to an established apartment/condo community or a managed property.

They may require a higher deposit, or you could suggest that if you are having great difficulty finding a place. 

Good luck.