Profile picture for Kirkcollm

Will realtors help me price my home if want to sell myself?

How can I find out if realtors are willing to help me price my home?
I want to try to sell myself for the first 2 months.  Will they still help me?
I am looking for realtors in the Bolton, cT area

April 13 - Bolton

Best Answer
Of course, you can find Realtors® who will provide a comprehensive market analysis of your property on a complimentary basis, even though you are intent on finding a buyer on your own.

To my mind, the only issue is that you don't already have a broker in mind that you'd give the listing to, in the event you got tired of marketing it yourself. When we provide a market analysis to FSBOs, we do so in the hope / expectation / wish that you will give us strong consideration to becoming your broker if you decided to list with an agent.

April 13

Picture this, I am selling my home. I want you to give me the price and info but I'm going to sell it myself. Some may do it, others may see it as a waste of time. If all else fails, make a monetary offer for a CMA. That way you get what you want and the realtor is being compensated for a service.

April 14

the answer is YES they will.

My advise to you is to obtain a couple opinions of value from LOCAL Realtors, meet each one and do NOT express the fact you plan to be a FSBO, do NOT tell them what "you" believe your home is worth, do NOT tell them that you are having other Realtors give an opinion of value.

Your clearly a good hearted person who feels awkward enlisting the advise from another with the intention of selling it yourself. Please be aware that we do this every day and this is the nature of the business, you are not going to hurt our feelings or upset us by going this route.

We will try to advise you all the reasons why this route is not in your best interest and their are 1000's of examples of why your not only going to be paying a Realtor in the end http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Buying-a-house-with-no-real-estate-agent/529023/#comment-response-1808552 , but all the reasons you should seriously think about hiring a Realtor from day one, please read my post here http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/do-you-need-an-agent-to-sell-your-house/529620/#comment-response-1810248

Best Wishes!

April 14
I am not in your area, but as a realtor, I provide this service to for sale by owners.  If it is priced correctly it helps me do my job.

Best of Luck in selling your house!!

Ethan

April 13
Hi Kirk, Yes a Realtor will do a comparative market analysis for your home. This will give you a food idea where you should list your house for. I am a local 5 Star Professional Realtor With Campbell-Keune Realty. I have been selling real estate for over 12 years full time. Would love to come and meet with you and do a CMA. Feel free to call or email me. You can find my info on Zillow.com. Jennifer Holt

April 13