Profile picture for krat13

Will using Make Me Move interfere with me selling our house with our realtor?

I'm working with a realtor to set a price and put my house on the market.  I'd like to test the waters by using Make Me Move but I'm concerned that it might interfere with putting the house on the market and how we price it.  Will using Make Me Move interfere with me selling our house with our realtor?
  • September 17 2011 - Windham
  • 0

Profile picture for JSteinHomes
Also, consider the fact that if you do set a Make Me Move price, it may override an actual "For Sale" listing on Zillow.

I would recommend allowing your agent to do his/her job to market your property.

Profile picture for Nayna Bawa
Make me Move is a tool that allows you to see if your asked upon price will be accepted by potential buyers.  The reality of it is indeed an open invitation to other realtors.  It is best with work with a professional realtor.  He or she will be able to assess the market value of your house and thereby place a realistic asking price for your property.  Also, please be aware that once you have signed a listing agreement with your realtor, it is oftentimes an exclusive listing agreement.  This means that your agent has the exclusive and sole rights to list your property for the period agreed upon.  I hope this helped to answer your question.

If you are already working with a Realtor, setting up "Make me move" will indeed complicate things.   MMM is an unhappy category that few buyers consider serious, but instead is consider an open invitation to hungry agents to call you and ask for your listing.   Therefore, while the concept is good the actual results (i.e. being swamped with calls from agents) isn't so good.