Profile picture for KCl34

Working visa soon to expire can have a closing ?

Here is my question

I'm a non US citizen with a working visa H1B. I work for a federal agency. My visa will expire at the end of October and even if the process of the renewal is active, I still don't have my extension.
I supposed to close for my first home yesterday but my mortgage bank told me that the underwriter doesn't want to sign until he has the renewal of my visa. He says that the VISA has to be at least valid for 100 days before the closing ? Pointless to say that they should have checked this information many days ago.
Another bank that I contacted today, told me that this is not true: you can close and have a mortgage if your working visa is not expired.
Where is the truth ?
A expert reply will be greatly appreciated
  • October 08 2009 - Squirrel Hill South
  • 0

Profile picture for NeedinFHA
How did you get to the closing point with a Visa they KNEW was going to expire...What a complete waste of time.