Profile picture for jo2831

Would like to sell my manufactured home to buy a "real" home, what is the best way to do this?

I am worried since I still owe more than the house is worth, many late payments when I first bought the manufactured home. I am worried that I be stuck with this house forever. It is in a park, on a lot. I have thought about putting it on land with a basement and garage. Would it be worth it moving it to try to get more money for it or should I just try to sell it? I would like a house on at least an acre of land with a basement. Any suggestions or anyone else able to sell a manufactured home?

January 12 2010 - Swartz Creek

Talk to the association in the park.  They may know of a Realtor who will be able to assist you.  You can, also, check with your friends and relatives.  Good Realtors should be shared and not kept a secret:)

I agree with Elizabeth. Talk to realtors who have sold homes in your park. Get the house Q-Tip clean. Get a stager. Move all of your furniture out if you have to and bring in attractive rental furniture. Make sure the realtor you hire does a lot of targeted advertising. It would cost you a bundle to buy land, dig a basement and move the house. Instead, make the house look as good as you can. It is summer. Landscaping and putting in a patio or porch could do the trick. Don't be stuck. Every houses sells as long as the price is right. If you have to take a loss, take a loss and don't look back. Go forward to a bright and beautiful future. If this is the worst problem you ever have, you are much luckier than most of us!

I would suggest contacting a local Realtor and asking him/her what the best ideas would be.  Look your home up on Zillow, there should be some very knowledgeable specialists in your area on the right hand side of the page...  Good luck!