Would you go to an Open House on SuperBowl Sunday?

Always interesting to see if people will bypass an Open House on SuperBowl Sunday, would you attend one?

February 02 2012 - Raleigh

We had a great Open House too, I think it depends on where it is, I agree, have it close to the grocery stores-lol

February 07 2012
Profile picture for Appraisal guy
Yes. Some people don't watch football.

February 07 2012
Our team held three homes open and had a record turn out. I actually called for back up out of concern for how many were in the house at one time. The weather certainly helped!

February 06 2012
Great answers, great SuperBowl! 

February 06 2012
I have hosted many open houses on SuperBowl Sunday. I usually start an hour earlier than normal to allow those that may be partying later a chance to come early.

Also remember, not everyone is a football fan.

February 05 2012
Why not? Open houses are done well before game time. Tie the theme of super bowl into the showing somehow.

February 05 2012
Great replies...a new agent asked and I thought it would be a good subject.
I would not host one as I have in the past and its quiet, plus our seller's usually want to stay home and enjoy their SuperBowl Sunday.
 Happy SuperBowl Sunday!

February 05 2012
Slow day in real estate!

February 04 2012
If it's in a great neighborhood and the weather is great, it might be a good day for one.The game is later and the ladies still like getting out to look for that perfect home or better yet, a great Realtor to work for them. Go for It!

February 04 2012
I would hold an open house on Super Sunday....I've done it in the past and have found 'serious' buyers! If you aren't the hostess or you are going to a party - then there is plenty of time to fit it in!

February 02 2012

I wouldn't try and have one UNLESS it was in a high traffic area on the way to the grocery store- where i might catch those that are running to the store to get snacks and treats for their super bowl party  and I could show them how this house was "super bowl party friendly"

or somethig like that.

I'm thinkin' it's not a good use of my time- even if game is later in the day, I just don't see a good turn out happening - but...then again if we all thought that the ONE person that has one might have a great turnout.  :)

if you have one....comment afterward and let us know.

February 02 2012
The good news is the game doesn't start until after 6pm EST. Leaves plenty of time for a successful open house. I'll be holding an open house on Sunday and will still have time to enjoy the game.

February 02 2012
Yes, it's not the first date that comes to mind but it's a numbers profession. The more times we try the better opportunity we have to sell and meet new clients. There's always someone watching, planning to sell their home in the not to distant future...when they see that you're working on days that others are resting...you'll get their listing when the time comes.

February 02 2012
I would personally attend one, but I would not host one.  Even if it is marketed well I want to spend my time efficiently and maximize the potential for attendance.

February 02 2012
I think that if you were to market your open well with visible signage and chose to open a listing that was in a neighborhood you would get traffic based off of the fact that their will be people coming and going to Super Bowl parties. Additionally, you could have some real fun with the food and beverage you may provide and things of that nature--really play up the football/Super Bowl angle. Have fun with hit!

February 02 2012
I do think you would have people stop by. Lots of people are out and about heading to the grocery store if you market the home well they would stop by in the afternoon before the big game. 

February 02 2012
I have chosen my open house for Sunday. It is very well updated, great neighborhood, looks exciting on line and priced in the first time buyer budget. I expect a bunch of 25-30 year olds coming by.

February 02 2012
you will not get many if any people.  The superbowl is the most watched TV "show" every year. They will soon be making the monday after the superbowl a national holiday.  As it is currently the day most people call in sick to work.

February 02 2012
You may be competing with the Puppy Bowl Fans, as that comes on at 3 CST. The Lingerie bowl is on even earlier on MTV.
I will be out showing homes to buyers, so may have to miss some of these games. I talked the Activities Director at my Dad's rehab facility into having a Superbowl Party, but I think more folks there want to watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.

February 02 2012
Well, Do you buyers come to Open Houses in the first place?
Only 3% of homes sold in today's marketplace result from a buyer attending an Open House.  Mostly, open houses attract buyers that are 6 months or more from being serious about purchasing and/or curious neighbors.  

February 02 2012
I'd go to an open on SB Sunday anytime...unless of course the Packers are playing :)

February 02 2012
The serious buyers will be there! And that's what you want right?

February 02 2012
The usual hours for an open house in Northern Virginia on Sundays are 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. If it's advertised through MLS IDX feeds we feel there would still be a good turnout.  These hours still give open house attendees time to prepare for attending Super Bowl parties beginning around 6 p.m. 

February 02 2012
Sure! Super Bowl won't start until 6pm or so.. we'd have all day to preview homes..great excuse for just making Bowl Food and not a healthy dinner.

February 02 2012
I have had some very successful open houses on Super Bowl Sunday. Many times my visitors are women only doing the scouting. Most people visit at the opening at 2 pm till 3:30.

February 02 2012
I would, but I basically could care less about the NFL, unless one of my former Sooners is having a great year.

Could I drag my husband with me? Not without a lot of effort, duct tape, and a wheelbarrow...

February 02 2012