Would you rather be in a small neighborhood, large neighborhood, or out in the country?

I'm curious about what people like...

July 22 2011 - Fort Mitchell

Yes, I would like to live out of the country... the advertisements, politicians, waste, and war in this country make me sick.  But since my citizenship is here, and since most locations I would rather live would probably not accept me, I'm probably stuck.

In the country for me...Want my boys to experience the country life as I did and every child should.

My dream is to be in a small neighborhood and one's convenient to all!! Maybe it will be close to the country side and I can do some hiking and picnic on weekends.

I would love to live in a community of about 200 houses, near the city. I would love to have a pool and tennis courts.

Wetdawgs,  I can set you up at about 20 minutes...  When do you want to move in?

I have lived in the country for 20 years and I still wish the grocery store was not 8 miles away. But, I like the peace and quiet and dark skies at night.

I love neighborhoods, not big cities but a grocery store just down the street and preferrably the beach too....

It would not matter to me much as long as I am in a vicinity of good schools, shopping, medical care etc and no HOA. I agree with Nicole-I found some of the restrictions ridiculous.

My dreams are impossible to meet - I'd love to be in the country with the noise of the wind in the trees, and the creek by the hovel - but less than 10 minutes to good grocery stores, a Costco, a hardware store, excellent medical care and friends. 

I would rather be in the country because of the restrictions imposed by HOA's.  I currently live in a neighborhood of 400+ homes and the restrictions are sometimes ridiculous.