Profile picture for annika23

Wrong Middle Initial as a possible alias on final refi paperwork

When we went to close on our refi paperwork, there was a section that had listed two different names for me with my maiden name with the wrong initial. In neither instance was the correct middle initial listed. My correct name was listed and the paper required that I initial these alternative names if correct. The notary advised me to draw a single line through each in effect nullifying them. Here is my question. Where the heck did these come from? These alternate maiden names for me with the wrong middle initial don't appear anywhere on my credit report. Anyone know how the title companies pull this info.
  • April 25 2012 - Vancouver

Profile picture for Joseph F Moore

Not sure where they come from, but I see it all the time.  When I refinanced recently there was about 4 variations of my name that someone found in the underwriting/title record and credit searches.

It could be an old utility bill, court record, county info.  It could also be from a credit pull where the company made a mistake on the name.

I wouldn't worry about it.