Profile picture for loash

You have the wrong square footage and number of bedrooms and baths for my home. How do I edit this?

I have 2 bedroom not 4. I have 2.5 baths not 3.5. I have 2,578 sq feet not 4ooo square feet. That is a huge discrepancy. We thought it had been corrected over a year  ago and it still has not.  H E L P !!!

• January 24 2011 - Sunrise Manor
  • 0

Profile picture for Webhoo

All great answers

Kelly has a great answer but it depends if you have the home listed with an agent and is that agent working for a national brokerage. On listing sites like this if it is listed with an agent then you have to contact the agent to make sure its upated AND their broker updates it in their database. The reason is that zillow and others like it have agreements with the big brokerage regarding how your listing is to be accepted. The brokers "feed" to zillow usually trumps any changes made at the listing level. So make sure you have it changed where it counts. If that doesn't solve it then contact me and I will send it to my Zillow rep to get it fixed for you.

Just like anything else, an appraisal is a service you pay for and should expect accuracy in the results.  When reviewing the appraisal, it is very helpful to review just what counts as "finished square footage" and what the requirements are to count a room as a "bedroom."  The definitions have to be followed by the appraiser according to the USPAP standards and the standards set in their areas, as well as standards set by the end lender or insurer such as Fannie Mae, FHA, or VA. 
I always recommend to clients if you have any questions about the rooms, sq footage, or finished spaces (especially basements) in your home, to send those questions to the loan officer in advance so they can ask the appraiser.  (I found some helpful info here regarding appraisal requirements and definitions http://www.e-rallc.com/ANSIstandards
If you have asked the questions in advance and you still have material error s on your appraisal, you can challenge the appraisal.  I would always use a card of some kind to pay for my appraisal because they usually give you the ability to easily challenge the charge until you are satisfied.  Don't pay for something you know is inaccurate - its your money - keep it. 

Hope that is helpful to you. 

Doug - Churchill Mortgage