Profile picture for careymann

Your Estimate is Based on Incorrect Information

You have the facts wrong on my house at 11648 Whitetail Lane, Ellicott City, MD. The square footage is not 4413 but 4880. I correct the infomation but it has no bearing on the estimate, which is nonsense. The space in question had not been insulted or drywalled (it had mechanical, subfloor, and eletric), so perhaps that is the reason it was not counted. In any case, I have recently completed this rennovation and it adds 467 square feet. The space is a full bedroom with a triple casement window and large closet. We also added an 8' by 8' closet to the Master Bedroom to create large his and her walk-in closets. How do I get the information properly reflected in your estimate?

• January 19 2008 - US

It could a number of things:
Perhaps your town's records don't reflect the improvement on your property?
Zillow's data provider hasn't furnished the updated numbers for your property?
Your improvements were done without a permit, so the town is not aware of them?

Each has a different remedy.

Profile picture for Jade18

You had the purchaseprice wrong on my home at 18 Simsbury Landing, Simsbury CT.  It was 155K not 145.  I am not sure where you got your information.  Is there a town web site that has a complete info online that you know of?  I was trying to edit the purchase price, but I couldn't.

careymann -

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As for its current Zestimate, it was based from the Howard Assessor's records that reflects 4,413 as the square footage of this property. Kindly refer to this link - 11648 Whitetail Lane

We need to wait for the public records to update and for our data providers to record the update. Checking further, what you did to your property such as updating the site was an excellent way of doing it. We are using owner facts as an input to the zestimates, but it doesn't update immediately after updating home facts. The next time we push zestimates to the live site (currently about a weekly process), we will use the updated home facts you changed today to help improve the zestimate.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.