Profile picture for lhddk

Your estimate is incorrect. Comps are wrong. I have had an appraisal done & you are too low by 300K+

It has been several weeks since I corrected your information and the estimate has gone down. As states above your estimate is approx 650K and the appraiser states approx 998K (even the city property value which is usually very low - sometimes half is approx 875). You have included a one BD condo in the comps and our house is a single family mansion with 18+ rooms. Your estimate for our adjacent neighbors' houses are over 1 million. Please correct your information and do not send any more emails adjusting our house value down to which we can not respond (address 4 Club Rd). Thank you very much
PS If you email us you should have someone available to accept our response - this is very frustrating..
  • May 19 2009 - Roland Park

I am glad to hear that you updated your home facts. It does take a few weeks to see a change in Zestimate if there is one. I think mine took about 2.5 weeks, but they may be updating the site faster now, I don't know. The comps that you see on your list are not necessarily the comps that are being used to estimate the value of your house. Zillow's system tries to match bed/bath, square footage, lot size etc. You would not be comped in their system to a 1 bedroom condo. I also have houses that are not comps on my house list, but Zillow does not use them in the calculations because they are so much different. That list has all sales within a certain radius for the last year, but not all those sales are used. As for the emails, you can log into your account and remove the updates that come to you. I get no email from Zillow myself. The email preference section lets you choose what type of emails that you get from Zillow if any. You also might want to consider doing an owner's estimate to more accurately reflect the value of your house. You can read more about that here. Zillow is not an appraisal. You can post your date and amount of your appraisal in your home owner's detail section so that people who look at your home page can see it for themselves. An appraiser who can visit the property and hand select comps is able to give a more accurate value than any automated valuation system like Zillow can. Hope the link helps.