Profile picture for ccook1

Your low estimates, hurt sales

My property has been underrated for years. It was renovated 6 years ago and was still valued at the price I paid for it. You've just raised it, but not nearly enough. Even the sq ft is wrong.  When an interested buyer sees this, how likely will it be for me to get a fair price? How can I get my house and price rating removed from your site?

November 07 2013 - US

If the square footage is wrong, why not claim your home and edit it?   The Zillow help center provides detailed instructions.   While you are at it, please don't hesitate to share your opinion of value.

As condition (e.g. renovations) are not reflected in public data, Zillow provides a value range with every home showing a Zestimate.   The value range covers a 70% probability of home sales prices being within bounds.   Those in excellent condition tend to sell towards the top of the range or above.  Those in lousy condition sell below.

~50% of homes sell for less than the Zestimate, and ~50% more.

Profile picture for ccook1
I wonder if there's a public advocate who could help change this.
I've asked before with no avail either.
I think we need to be much more vocal about it.

I have a similar problem, and various real estate professionals suggested that Zillow has enough influence that I should try to get Zillow to fix it. I filled in a form to report the error which is quite data-driven and not subject to opinion, and I did it more than once, but to no avail. Good luck to us both.