Profile picture for Deanna Peters

ZILLOW ACCEPTS $ FROM AGENTS AS "EXCLUSIVE" BUT PUTS 4 AGENTS ON LISTINGS

I AM WONERING WHY ZILLOW CALLS REAL ESTATE AGENTS WHO PAY MONTHLY FEES TO THEM,  "FEATURED" AGENTS AND SAY OUR LISTINGS ARE EXCLUSIVE BUT THEY PUT 4 AGENTS ON THE LISTING FOR A PERIOD OF TIME AND THEY FEEL THIS IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.  WHY IS IT ACCEPTABLE THAT THEY BENEFIT FROM SELLING ADVERTISING FOUR TIMES - ESSENTIALLY 4 AGENTS PAY FOR THE SAME THING.  I THINK THE ATTORNEY GENERAL NEEDS TO BE INVOLVED IN THIS BUSINESS PRACTICE AND REVIEW WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE.
  • March 03 - Paradise Valley
  • 2

Hi Deanna, I agree with wetdawgs that you should probably talk to your rep at Zillow. I think you only show up as the exclusive agent on listings that you have a signed listing agreement on. If it is a property that no one has claimed as their listing, then 4 agents will show up in random order and depending on their ad spend. Perhaps a moderator can correct me if I am wrong. 
  • March 04

Sounds like it is time to have a discussion with your sales rep about expectations.  

I don't see anything in the description of the platinum and gold levels that uses the word "exclusive", but perhaps they use that term in writing elsewhere.

• March 03