ZILLOW, LOOK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MORTGAGE ADVICE. WHO'S THE BRAINS BEHIND THIS MESS?

David, I pop on here every so often and quickly look to see if any recent questions have been posted that I wish to respond.

With this change that I just noticed today. No "Sticky" telling us we now have to go to 11 categories, instead of one, to see what's new. Just that it's been moved to Pro-to-Pro. How inconvenient is that for someone like me? Did you get guidance from the new RESPA?

If not for the general public, at least for lenders, there should be only one page were we can see the mortgage questions in chronological order. I try to spend about an hour a day, between several visits, on Zillow answering questions. I can't devote twice that or more to accomplish the same results as before. Maybe, others can? ..... Sincerely, Rudi Hofmann

April 01 2010 - US

Interesting

Profile picture for AndreaSmolin
The lender section was meant as a place for lenders to talk to each other.   We moved the lender thread under the pro-to-pro area so lenders can have conversations among themselves without being right in front of the borrowers.  This is something lenders have been asking about for along time.  Although there are currently a number of borrower posts in the lender section, we think these will die down as borrowers choose other categories in the Mortgage area for their posts.

Profile picture for AndreaSmolin
There was a slight delay in moving the lender category of Zillow Advice to the Pro to Pro section.  The move occurred last night.  The sticky is back up in the mortgage section and was only taken down because we received so many complaints from lenders about the amount of sticky posts in the mortgage section. 

The problem w/it being in the Pro-to-Pro section is most of the posts in the Lenders section are regular people asking ?'s about certain lenders or trying to find one...

well, she posted on 3/24/10 that "lenders" would be moved "sometime the next day"... that would be 3/25/10, and it is still under mortgages, so I'm baffled about it moving; and the sticky is no longer sticky and it has worked it's way down the lenders page...

I didn't think it would make much difference to me if it was just discussion between loan officers; but I see I have posted on several of those...

Looks like Zillow already had second thoughts about moving the category.