Profile picture for axamm

Zestimate WAY Off

The Z-estimate for my house is tens of thousands low from the value & similar homes on the same street.  How do I get this fixed?  My home is for sale and I've had people mention the discrepancy as if I'm charging too much - and market research says I'm spot on the sale price.  How do I fix this?
  • September 07 2009 - Sherwood
  • 0

Profile picture for RAVIsahas
I agree - zillow is starting a whole new trend that is going to create a scam industry

Profile picture for jessicavny
I don't get how zestimates can be created sight unseen.  No one has seen the house, it's just an algorithm.  Facts (public) about my house are wrong, which is fine to list but creating an estimate about them is wrong.

Profile picture for Morningglory1
I agree! My house has a zestimate extremely low!  There have been very costly renovations made to the home in last two years and they have not
been considered in the zestimate. The property size has been increased as well, how does zestimate account for no increase in value?

"There have been very costly renovations made to the home in last two years"    Zestimates only are run off the core facts of the house, and renovations are not part of the model.  Zestimates are not appraisals, and are never expected to substitute for appraisals.

Axamm,

Good Afternoon.

As not sound like a brokern record  "wetdawgs" is right on. We must remember "ZILLOW" is a great free service, but the facts and figures are
best "guesses". I always inform my clients of the computer world acronym: "GIGO" (Garbage In Garbage Out".

What the best thing to do is, make sure you have all of your facts and figures in order and have your agent or you (if not using an agent) have current comps done and the price set in mid-range, that way you are covering all ends, yet not setting prices (high or low) that just aren't going to work.

I hope that helps.

Have a BEAUTIFUL day.

-Shawn, REALTOR, AZ.