Zestimate, how do I add negative values like for a leaky roof that needs replacement?

Good Day!

Due to lack of maintenance, our home is losing value and I want to capture this loss in my zillow estimate.

How do I add negative values or things that need improvement, replacement or repair?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Do ENJOY your day.

Sincerely,

jb

March 03 2010 - Carmichael

Previously I was able to add negative values to my zestimate. I want to do this to keep my private zestimate accurate as to the condition of my home and chart my perceived home value on zillow. It has nothing to do with taxes, assessments or wanting to tank the valuations in my neighborhood. I am not sure how I was able to do this before since I am no longer able to do it...maybe I should contact zillow directly.

I do appreciate your time, feedback and advice on the situation.

Do ENJOY your day!

Sincerely,

jb

I am not Zillow, but I have seen a lot of questions. I can honestly say that I have not seen this one from an owner. I have no good answer since what you describe would not be appropriate for the owners estimate feature and there is really nothing in the home facts that you could edit to show condition problems. I hate to pry, but is there a reason that you want to show decreased value? I can tell you from first hand appeal experience that the Sac County assessors office will not reduce your property taxes based on your Zestimate. They prefer fresh comps and a CMA based rationale for appeals.