Zestimate incorrect

Your Zestimate of value is so far off. This is a historic manor house that has been completely rehabbed from a rundown apartment building to a single-family house. Your comparable need changing.

Please contact me for appropriate comps. If this house were put on the market, it would be priced at or near $2 million. So, $250K is not going to cut it!

Thank you for claiming your home and updating the public facts. We don't overwrite the public facts with owner inputted facts, but do publish the owner facts right next to the public facts for everyone to see. We will be using owner facts as an input into the Zestimate later this year, but we're not currently doing so right now.

I see that you already found the My Estimator tool for your home and used Step 5 of the process to select your own comps as well. That alone put you up $250k.

I apologize for your Zestimate being off -- no AVM (automated valuation model), which is what a Zestimate uses, will ever be 100% accurate. There's no substitute for being on the ground and knowing the local market. A Zestimate is not a replacement for an appraiser or local real estate professional. You can find out more about Zestimates here - http://www.zillow.com/howto/Zestimate.htm

Profile picture for Shahin
I don't know what it takes from your company to get the correct information right once for all, but my home at 6753 Frenata Place is a 3 bedroom home nor condo and was built in 2002 not 2003. I have been trying for over a year for you to correct this. I deal with hundreds of business in my market reasearch company all over the country, and if this isn't corrected immediately, I am going to post a notice on my website telling people that your company is a great big joke............My address is 6753 Frenata Place, Carlsbad CA 92011..............

yes, please recalculate. write me for comps if needed.

Profile picture for ownerbroker
The owner is correct. I've been on the property, and it is much more valuable than your estimate for its location and renovations. Those renovations have been beyond extensive. Please make note of the updated and increased square footage, too, when you recalibrate your zestimate.