Zestimate is WRONG for my house!

The Zestimate for my house is nearly $20,000 less than for a house just down the street from mine that is over 200 square feet smaller and a smaller lot!  This is obviously a mistake.  How can this be corrected?

If it can't be corrected, how do I cancel the listing?

My mistake!  I was looking at the asking price for the house down the street.  However, another house similar to this one DID sell for over $20,000 above the Zestimate recently.  Why the big disparity?
  • June 24 2013 - Evans
  • 1

Profile picture for Faye
  • FayeZillow

Hi user3443228 -

When the Zestimate is calculated, it's calculating millions of homes. The algorithm doesn't see that your neighbor's data, is literally your neighbor. It's one home out of many. For example, if there are 1000 homes calculated, some will go up, and some will go down. To really compare you'd have to take a much larger sample. The Zestimate is just a starting point. It is not an appraisal. To provide more data on your Zestimate, you can post your estimated value and comment in the Owners Estimate section indicating your support for a different valuation.

Here's our Zestimate FAQ

Faye