Profile picture for Sumanb

Zestimate is not correct

I have created zillow account to update facts on my home some time in 2012. The initial zestimate was shown 32K more than the sale price.

Later, in 2012 I have decided to remove all details not to show public,  that reduced the zestimate value about 200K from sale price. in 2013 I have hadded back all the details plus home improvements such as Big composite deck and custom upgrades etc, then the estimates started raising from the already reduced home value(i.e. sale price - 200K+raise), but it is still lot less than sale price of the home.  Also the home public records are not correct as the home built on empty land in 2011 and closing done in november 2011 but the records show the home value from 2010 onwards.

Also, adjacent neighbor homes estimates are shown constant raise (which were initially less than 70K than my home both estimates and original sale price) but only my home value went so low.. not sure what went wrong?

The fact is my home is the only home in cul-de-sac with walkout basement and bigger sqft area than other homes plus lot of upgrades. Not sure what made difference. Is removing details and adding back  caused this big change in Zestimates?
  • January 07 - Glen Allen