Profile picture for yrivers

Zestimate?

Hi there,

Are you guys calcuating your zestimates differently?

In the past year when I've checked the value of our home (11549 Links Drive, Reston, VA 20190) on your site, it has said between $400,000 and $450,000, which was extremely upsetting since 1.5 years ago an appraiser appraised the house at 500,000. But when I checked the site today it says the house is worth 504,500 and has different past estimates than I've seen on your site. Would you please let me know if the 504,500 is indeed the current zestimate for this house?

Thank you,

Yvette Rivers
yvette_rivers@hotmail.com
  • Question refers to 11549 Links Dr, Reston, VA 20190
  • 0

Profile picture for Verbal
Well it looks like your Zestimate has dropped further to your original purchase price.  Hopefully you have paid down some principal and/or had a good down payment.

I think it is currently in the right range.  There is a foreclosure in your area sitting around at 280K.  If it sells there maybe a slight bump up if there are not more foreclosures on the market.  I also think high-300s low-400s will be a compeititive market for sellers.  This is because buyers will want to keep their loans conforming.

Profile picture for foundationRE
I saw your question and wish I knew when you asked it. Since then, your zestimate has decreased to $380K. Unfortunately, anything an appraiser quoted a year and a half ago is incredibly inaccurate in today's market.