Zestimate

I recently update the stats on my home on Zillow.  Originally it stated that my home was 1250 sq. ft. which was grossly incorrect.  The house was built in 1962 and it was approximately 1700 sq. ft. when it was built.  We recently had 2 (2 story) additions built which added 650 sq ft to the home.  I noticed that the Zestimate was not significantly changed.  Can you please explain the zestimate to me?  I am under the impression that going from 1250 sq ft to 2350 sq ft would change the zestimate.  Additionally, other homes, in our neighborhood, that have only half the acreage and no updates are estimated at or above our home.  Thank you for your help with this.
Maryann Cassese
  • October 23 2012 - Town of Rhinebeck
  • 0

Last I heard that it took a few weeks up to 8 weeks for the update affects on a property's Zestimate.