Zillow's estimate of our home is far too low, based on similar homes in nbhd. What do we do?

Similar condos in our neighborhood are listed in the upper 200's/lower 300's, yet our zestimate is in the low 200's. Is there a way to request a better estimate? We feel that this is hurting our sale chances.
  • September 10 2013 - South Dorchester

Profile picture for DanGorfinkle
Add as many details about your home as possible to help increase your Zestimate.  But ultimately, if you are thinking of selling, the best thing to do is to speak to a local agent.  Their knowledge and expertise in the industry is much more influential than a "Zestimate" in terms of listing your home at the right price. Also, ultimately, the appraisal is what carries the most weight in terms of pricing. 

I have bought and sold in Dorchester many times, and can help you if you're thinking of listing soon.  Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

When you view your homes information, right below the picture there is a "edit" drop down, click edit home details! It can take some time, but be sure to add as much about your home as you can! It will increase your zestimate! Hope this helps!

I have had this happen to some of my client and with my experience and my presentation got my sellers the money they wanted and needed for the sale of their home. Contact me if you would like to speak further.